PMA long course is the regular commission, offered by Pakistan Army. The previous PMA Long course was 152 and the next course will be 153. PMA long course announced twice a year. Once in the March and second time in the month of October. The March course is known as an even course and the October course is known as an odd course. To Join Pak Army through 153 PMA Long Course you should have minimum inter/DEA/O level qualifications to apply in PMA L/C.
The training duration of PMA LC 153 is two years at Pakistan Military Academy. These two years are divided into six terms. PMA 153 cadets study BMAS (Bachelor of Military Art and Science) during their training period. After training cadets are awarded by the rank of second lieutenant.
If you want to become engineer in Pak Army than you should apply in Technical Cadet course in which candidates can apply after FSC Pre engineering & ICS. However, females can apply in Lady Cadet Course after 16 years of education.
Expected Date & Online Registration
The expected date for PMA long course 153 is November 06, 2023. The online registration will be started from 06 November 2023 to 08 December 2023. To apply online visit the official website of Join Pakistan Army.
In order to apply offline for PMA 153 LC, visit the nearest AS&RC (Army Selection & Recruitment Center). Website take 72 hours to generate your the test date so keep patience and don’t worry. 153 PMA long course details are listed below.
Eligibility Criteria For 153 PMA Long Course
Eligibility criteria to Join Pak Army through PMA long course is given as:
|Country||Pakistan & Dual Nationals (after selection have to withdraw other nationality)|
|Organization||Pakistan Army (Armed Force)|
|Age Relaxation||3 months upper & lower|
|Marital Status||Unmarried (Married personnel of the Armed Forces over 20 years of age is eligible)|
|Course Duration||2 Years (Divided Into 6 Terms)|
|Application Start Date||06 November 2023|
|Application End Date||08 Decmeber 2023|
|Preliminary Tests||18 April 2023 – 18 May 2023 (Except Saturday, Sunday)|
- Candidate should be unmarried
- Minimum height is 5.4 feet (165 cm).
- A candidate should qualify the minimum given physical and medical standards.
- Candidates those are twice not recommended by ISSB are not eligible to apply.
- A candidate is only eligible for marks relaxation is he studied or lived in special areas.
PMA Long Course 153 Details
PMA long course 153 details are given below. You should qualify one eligibility requirement from one of these.
|Degree||Minimum Marks||Age Requirement|
|Inter/DAE/A-level||55 % marks||17-22 Years|
|BSC/BS (2 Year)||60 % marks + 50% marks in Inter||17-23 Years|
|BS(4 years)||60 % marks/CGPA + 50% marks in Inter||17-24 Years|
|Serving Soldiers||50% marks in Inter||17-25 Years|
|Rural Areas||5-10 % marks relaxation||–|
- Minimum 55 % marks in FA/FSc/DAE/O-level.
- 50% marks for serving Army Soldiers.
- Candidates who have studied FSC Part-1 and Advance Subsidiary exam 2022 can also apply on “Hope Certificate of 55% Marks” duly issued by Head of the Institution.
- You can calculate your CGPA from CGPA Calculator or from CGPA to Percentage.
In-Eligibility Conditions For PMA Long Course
- Twice rejected by Inter Service Selection Board (ISSB).
- Tested within four months (120 days) gap of previous appearance in ISSB except waiver granted by the competent authority.
- Convicted in a Court of Law for any heinous offense (to be ascertained by the competent military authority).
PMA Long Course Initial Test Syllabus
|Test Type||Total Questions||Total Time|
|Verbal Intelligence Test||65 Questions||30 minutes|
|Non-Verbal Intelligence Test||75 Questions||35 minutes|
In intelligence test, number and character series, odd one out, comparison types of question appeared to check the problem-solving capabilities of a candidate.
In non-verbal intelligence test, diagrams, shapes, puzzles appears and you have selected the most suitable match for it. It is easy as compared to a verbal intelligence test.
These medical test are taken in PMA long course. Unfit candidates will be referred to the nearest CMH (Combined Military Hospital).
- Chest expansion
- Flat feet
- Carry angle
- Knocking knee
- Weight (according to BMI)
You can calculate your weight from this BMI calculator by putting your height and weight. It will tell you whether you are fit are not.
PMA Long Course physical test is taken at the nearest army ground. These tests are taken in physical test.
|Running||1.6 KM||8 mints||3|
Candidates clearing written, Medical & Physical Test will be finally interviewed by S&ROs instead of Brigadier (by the formation) and Psychologist. Before interview every candidate will be required to write an essay of 10 lines in English and Urdu. Plain paper to be issued to candidates before interview for Eng and Urdu essay. Topic of the Day will be reflected on the board in exam hall /room. S&RO will write pointers of every candidate appearing in interview. Each candidate will be given marks out of 20. A candidate securing less than 12 marks will be considered failure and will not be given Inter Services Selection Board (ISSB) form.
The following guidelines are given for conduct of the interview:
- Expression and confidence in English and Urdu.
- Adequate knowledge about current affairs. Adequate knowledge about Geo and Pak Studies. Overall outlook.
- Extracurricular activities include sports and hobbies. Any other aspect as deemed appropriate by the Panel.
- Recording of interview of every candidate through CCTV be ensured by all AS&RCS and same be shared with PA Dte on CDs on weekly basis.
Confidence and proper concentration are required to pass the initial interview. After clearing PMA initial interview, candidates have to submit their ISSB forms. After 2-3 months they are called ISSB test.
PMA Long Course ISSB Merit & Selection
Army Selection and Recruitment Centers (AS&RCs) will fill in all required entries (Physical Test & Interview marks) in the module. Further nomination of candidates for Inter Services Selection Board (ISSB) will be done by Personal Administration Directorate through merit. Detailed medical examination of Inter Services Selection Board (ISSB) recommended candidates will be carried out at nearby Combined Military Hospitals. The final selection will be made at General Headquarters on the basis of the candidate’s performance.