Join Pak Navy as a General Duty Medical Officer (GDMO) through the Short Service Commission Course 2024. If you hold an MBBS degree or its equivalent, have valid PM&DC registration, and possess one year of house job experience in recognized hospitals, you are eligible to apply. The position offers a Basic Pay Scale of -17, and the training duration is six months. Both male and female candidates are welcome to apply, with an age requirement of up to 28 years. This is a golden opportunity to contribute your medical expertise to the nation by joining Pak Navy as a GDMO.
Join Pak Navy as GDMO
To qualify for Joining Pak Navy as a General Duty Medical Officer (GDMO), candidates must meet specific criteria encompassing age limitations, educational qualifications, and physical fitness standards. The Pak Navy seeks individuals with leadership qualities, discipline, and a steadfast commitment to serving the nation. Below are the eligibility criteria for individuals aspiring to Join Pak Navy as GDMO:
|General Duty Medical Officer (GDMO)
|Basic Pay Scale – 17
|MBBS degree or equivalent
|Male or Female
|Minimum 5′ 4″ for Male, Minimum 5′ for Female
Pak Navy GDMO Apply Online
To apply online for Pak Navy GDMO through Short Service Commission, follow these steps:
- Visit Recruitment & Selection Centre:
- Head to the nearest PN Recruitment & Selection Centre during the specified period as advertised by NHQ.
- Apply Online:
- Alternatively, apply online by visiting the official website of Pak Navy: https://www.joinpaknavy.gov.pk/.
- Registration Period:
- Register online between 27th November and 11th December 2024.
- Registration Deadline:
- Ensure to complete the online registration by the deadline, which is 11th December 2024.
- No Direct Applications:
- Note that direct applications to Naval Headquarters will not be accepted. All applications must go through the prescribed online process.
By following these steps, you can successfully apply online to Join Pak Navy as a GDMO.
- Only shortlisted candidates from the Entrance Test will be called for a Preliminary Interview & Medical
- Application forms for further recruitment will be issued only to those candidates who qualify preliminary Medical and Interview
- Personality Test will be conducted at respective PNR&SC
- ISSB tests will be taken for all commission courses.
- Detailed Medical Examination will be conducted at the nearest CMHS/PN Hospitals after ISSB recommendation.
- The final interview by PN Selection Board will be held at the venue decided by NHQ
- Final Selection will be done by Naval Headquarters based on merit on candidate overall performance.
- Candidates are advised to have their ears and teeth cleaned by a specialist doctor before the Pak Navy Medical Examination
Here are the ineligibility conditions that will stop you to join Pakistan Navy as an officer.
- Twice Rejected or Screened Out:
- Twice rejected by ISSB/GHQ/AHQ Selection Board.
- Twice screened out at ISSB.
- Medical Conditions:
- Permanently declared UNFIT by Appeal Medical Board (PUF by AMB).
- Declared medically unfit due to Hepatitis B&C (AMB cannot be requested).
- Declared unfit by any Armed Forces Hospital, except those cleared by Appeal Medical Board.
- Testing Conditions:
- Tested within four months (120 days) gap of the previous appearance (for not recommended candidates).
- Tested within the one-year validity period (As validity of ISSB/GHQ/AHQ Selection Board stands for one year).
- Academic and Training Withdrawals:
- Withdrawn from any Academy/Training institution of Armed Forces on any ground.
- Withdrawn from any bounded Armed Forces college/institution on disciplinary grounds.
- Professional and Legal Issues:
- Dismissed/removed/debarred from Government Services, including Armed Forces.
- Convicted in a Court of Law for an offence involving moral turpitude.
- Academic Certificate Tampering:
- The candidature of a candidate who tampers with academic certificates, conceals, or provides false information to gain undue advantage will be canceled and declared permanently ineligible for all types of commission in the Pakistan Armed Forces.
- Pak Navy Psychologist candidates will receive a monthly stipend of Rs. 35,290/-
- Upon completion of medical education and commissioning, selected candidates will be reimbursed for their total pre-joining expenses, with a maximum lump sum of Rs. 2,22,996/- per year.
- Free medical treatment for self and family/parents after commission
- Family accommodation or house rent allowance and servant facility or allowance after marriage
Finally selected candidates will sign a bond to serve the Pakistan Navy for a minimum of 7 years, effective from the date of completion of basic training. If not considered suitable for commissioning in the Navy on medical/other grounds, the candidate will serve as a GDMO in Pakistan Navy for 7 years.
Posting & Rank
After completing training at Pakistan Naval Academy the cadets will be awarded by the rank of Ag Surg Lt.