Garrison Public Library (GPL) is located in Multan Cantt. It is running under the supervision of the Pakistan Army. GPL Multan land is denoted by the Punjab Government and then it was built by Pak Army. Anyone having CNIC can visit the library without any resistance. Membership is mandatory when you want to use a computer or want to issue a book to study for home.
Garrison Public Library Multan
Garrison Public Library Multan is well decorated and has charming scenes. Library surrounded by beautiful green lands. More charm increase with beautiful building design and furniture.
GPL Multan contains separate rooms for students, army officers, men, and women. It also contains the praying room, main hall, cinema, meeting area, exhibition hall, cafeteria and smoking area for chain smokers. Cinema is only for army officer and sometime open for common people on special occasions.
Things You Should Know
- Anyone can visit the library having a CNIC or B-form.
- Registration & Membership fee varies for students, teachers, and army wards (fee is low between 100- 300 per month).
- The library open between 9am-5pm and Monday is considered a holiday. All updates are posted on Facebook Page.
- Downloading on PC is prohibited.
- Every member gets a unique username and password to access the computers.
- Some services require membership like operating the computers, Books Issuing, Wi-Fi access, and special cabin’s.
- Rules are followed strictly. Only a member can use the computer. So any attempt would be useless.
Institutions are allowed to visit with their students, but permission should be taken from the Chief Librarian or concern authorities.
Funny fact is that never messes with the IT guy and never take ‘panga’ with their PC’s. Remember cameras watching you everywhere. They blocked mine and my friend membership card twice on this. There is one computer in GPL Multan which can be accessed with expired membership card :).
GPL Multan Services For Members
If you are not a member then do not bring the bags. GPL Multan only provide locker facilities to its members. If you are not Garrison Public Library member then they will give you a tag and will charge 20 pkr. There is a separate hall for TV and newspaper lounge. Wearing Chappal and trousers are not allowed & you can not make your entry in the library with them.
Address: Opposite Askari Phase 1, Sher Shah Road, Multan, Pakistan, 60000
Mobile: (061) 8023224
Email: [email protected]